Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sickness Hits


When you have a toddler attending any kind of place that involves more than one other toddler, getting sick is inevitable.  For both the toddler, and their parents.  For us, my hubs and my daughter might get a little sniffle, while I feel like I'm dying. 

It happened the day before Thanksgiving.  That itch in the back of my throat.  I took some zicam to prevent things.  Welp, that didn't work.  Maybe it was the stress of hosting Thanksgiving, or the huge change or weather, but I got slammed, hard.  By the time Sunday rolled around, I couldn't lift my head for more than 10 minutes at a time.  The other Powie's status; healthy. 

Until last night, C started with a fever earlier in the night, then a little nose drips, then full out sick.  Usually, I can rock her in the chair for a few hours and put her back to bed.  But, still being sick myself, where sitting upright for more than 10 minutes isn't an option, we decided to bring her into.... Our bed. 🙀

This is usually a last ditch effort for most parents. It's basically throwing in the towel and giving into the worst habit ever. 

This is usually how this idea starts. (Drawings done by yours truly)

45 minutes later...

An hour after that...

20 minutes pass...

15 minutes later...

Then you get another hour or so of sleep and the alarm goes off and you want to die.  All day.

You might think the eye patch would make you not want to do it again, but I tell you when that REM sleep is interrupted, you loose all sense of reason. Or you're on vacation, when she can see you from her pack and play and you are SOL. 

Guaranteed this will be the situation tonight.
Poor little lady! Sick babies/toddlers are the WORST! Now go wash your hands after reading this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment